Pet Dental Care
Your pet’s oral health is an extremely important aspect of their overall well-being. At Bottletree Animal Hospital in Oxford, pet dentistry is encouraged on an annual basis. We provide 12-step dental procedures ensuring that your pet’s oral cleaning is thorough and complete. Some of the steps to our dental procedures go above and beyond a traditional pet dental and include:
- Digital dental X-rays
- Teeth brushing with antiseptic toothpaste
- Ultrasonic scaling and hand scaling that removes build up under the gum line and from tooth surfaces
- Assessment from the doctor to check for any problems such as recession, bleeding, tumors, growths, abnormalities, etc.
- Extractions, which may be needed if a tooth is not able to be saved, but only after a conversation with the owner
- Placing sutures and stitches after an extraction
- Polishing teeth to remove grooves, scratches, etching, etc. This also decreases the amount of buildup that comes back on the teeth
- Before and after photos to show progress from dental cleaning
- Application of Oravet dental sealant
- Getting patients started on a daily dental chew for their ongoing oral health
Because dental health is so important for our patients, we make every effort to provide complete and exceptional care at all times. Our team is equipped to educate pet owners about the care that they need in order to maintain their oral, and by extension, their physical health. Our team members would be happy to talk with you to educate you about your pet’s needs or to schedule a visit with us. Please contact us today!