At Bottletree Animal Hospital, we know how much your pet means to you. They’re a member of the family and deserve the best quality care. Just like your human family is covered by health
insurance, your furry family can benefit from it too. Pet Insurance covers the significant costs of emergencies or major medical procedures so that you don’t ever have to make crucial pet health decisions based off your budget. At our Oxford veterinarian clinic, we strongly recommend purchasing a pet insurance plan for your pet, particularly while they’re still young, before they develop any pre-existing conditions that could go uncovered.
Knowing Where to Start
Pet insurance comes in many shapes and sizes, so finding the right plan can be an exhaustive experience. Luckily, we’re here to help guide you in the right direction.
- Begin by researching providers and finding out which ones are accepted by your established veterinarian.
- Lay out a budget for how much you’re able to spend on pet insurance.
- Research the appropriate providers and decide which plan suits you best.
Pet Insurance Providers
There’s a lot of options out there! Some of the more popular providers include:
To help you compare the different company options, you can refer to this handy comparison chart. However, make sure to check the company’s actual website to be sure that all the information is up-to-date.
The Key is in the Details
Once you choose a provider, there’s still a lot to consider. Reading through the fine-print can make choosing a plan a daunting experience.
Here are some tips for choosing the right pet insurance plan:
- Review the plan’s cost and reimbursement policy to make sure it suits your needs
- Learn what is and is not covered in the plan
- Keep in mind that most insurance plans do not cover pre-existing, hereditary, congenital, or breeding-related conditions.
- Talk to your veterinarian about your pet’s health and get an idea about what common problems could affect them
Pet insurance is a safety net. Should your pet require medical care that is expensive, you don’t have to worry about denying needed medical care. Talk to your Oxford veterinarian today at Bottletree Animal Hospital to learn more about why pet insurance is important for your furry family.
Please email or call us with questions and our favorite insurance options!
Sign Up for Pet Insurance in March or April and Get a Free Nail Trim!
To encourage pet owners to ensure their pet’s health for with an insurance plan, we’re offering a promotion! If you signed up for insurance in the months of March and April and like our Facebook page, you are eligible for a FREE nail trim! Please note that you must be able to show us proof that you signed up for pet insurance during March or April. Additionally, your pet must be current on core vaccinations to receive the nail trim.